Author Topic: ac servo motor  (Read 1450 times)

97fishmt

ac servo motor
« on: April 05, 2005, 04:45:51 PM »
hi just back from my cabin and my re system.  I posted a picture of one of my gens the other day but wasn't very specific.  it was my first posting of a picture and did'nt know if it would work. any way i'll share a little info on what i've found works very well. that picture was of my large machine i've had going for about 3 years. its an pm ac servo  motor made by siemens. the name tag reads alot of stuff i dont know what means but some of the info got me curios to try it. it says 144v 50a @2000rpm and 60a @3000rpm and i think wired in delt it only has 3wires coming out.  it says 3phase permanent magnet so i thought i'd try it out, it was a huge gamble for me though i found it at a surplus store brand new just getting rid excess inventory i guess.  any how it was 200bucks a steal for what kind of motor it was but i did'nt know if it would work for battery charging. most of my finds are in the 20dollar range  so i took it home and tested it out i need to get some better ways to test the gens and alts i find, as far as rpm and hertz. from other pm motors i found out that the voltage and rpm fairly follow a line on a graph in relation to the name tag. i mean i took that name tag and just knocked of a zero from both rpm and voltage:14.4v @200rpm for 50a and 300rpm for 60a. i don't know if this is true but from the way it works i think its close. i put a 12 foot rotor on it first tip speed of about 5 or 6 from hugh's plans but i did'nt seam to be perfect. then i did a real nice 8 footer and that seams to work real good i see 60a quite alot but i'm not sure of wind speed and rpm right now i'll work on getting a way to test them soon i hope. i have a nice site top of a hill and a new tower a rohn 45g but have not got it up yet. i nead to make a hinge so it will tilt instead of me climbing. i tested out an other ac servo motor over the weekend 200v @1500 rpm and 20a and found it to be a real keeper at only 6 feet of the ground with a 6foot prop on it it was doing better than the 99v ametec. any way i know there have been questions here about brushless motors and i have had them as well but just tried one any way. they are perfect for a wind gen if you can find the right volt and rpm and size it to the proper rotor. the new ones come with neo magnets and very small, the big one i have i don't think does but it does work real nice and no mods at all just add prop and diodes. i picked up 2 small ones on e-bay for 50 bucks and they have the new neo mags in them i took one apart to look date code on them is 04. any how its a new direction to look very easy and no work at all just the other stuff tower tail prop and getting it up into clean wind.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 04:45:51 PM by (unknown) »