Author Topic: "Test Tower" Finally Completed  (Read 1017 times)

FrankG

"Test Tower" Finally Completed
« on: August 09, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »
After much delay I finally have my test tower done... (my apologizies if this is a duplicate posting, but it seems the original was lost...)

Details are posted below @

http://www.theworkshop.ca/energy/Wind/2/wind2.htm

After getting off to a rough start I read an article in Home Power Mag on Tower Basics that gave me some good ideas...

Much of my attention has been on the Generator, with little regard for the tower itself... I certainly have a new perspective on it's importance now.

FrankG

www.theworkshop.ca

« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 11:37:00 AM by (unknown) »

Experimental

Re: "Test Tower" Finally Completed
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
       Hey Frank,

Super job, and I assume you are still with wife and kids !!

Many of us find ourselves alone after such fiascos -- at least untill our "owners", cool off a little...

Your tower mechanism is very much like one I built some time ago, only it was all steel and in 3' of concrete --- worked very well !!

I also like the land, and that water looks like it,s calling to my fishing pole !!!         Keep those pictures comeing, so we can watch your progress -- Bill H..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:38:00 AM by Experimental »

MelTx

Re: "Test Tower" Finally Completed
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 11:59:35 AM »

I like the way you taught the cedar pole a lesson.Put the evil thing to some good use if it dont want to cooperate.The second design looks like great,something I can handle.I am going to keep it for future reference.Thanks.  Meltex
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 11:59:35 AM by MelTx »