Author Topic: Homebrew Wind Power book is in stock!  (Read 5976 times)

(unknown)

Homebrew Wind Power book is in stock!
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »
Thanks to everyone here for your support over the years!

The book is now in stock and shipping.

DanF and DanB in front of our new pile 'o books. You can see the taillights of the departing tractor trailer reflected on the pallets as we stand there in freezing drizzle...good thing everything is shrink-wrapped....

To order right now, you can go directly to the book at our online store here:

http://tinyurl.com/homebrewwind

All the details, and some reviews, are below:

Homebrew Wind Power

A Hands-on Guide to Harnessing the Wind

By Dan Bartmann and Dan Fink

Foreword by Mick Sagrillo

320 pages, soft cover, 8 x 10 inches, 395 illustrations

ISBN 978-0-9819201-0-8

Published by Buckville Publications LLC, Masonville, CO

Retail price: $39.95

Have you ever wondered how wind turbines work and why they look like they do? Are you interested in adding wind power to your off-grid electric system, but have been put off by the high cost of equipment and installation? Well, now you can build and install your own wind turbine!

Harnessing the wind can be a tricky business, but in this groundbreaking book the authors provide step-by-step, illustrated instructions for building a wind generator in a home workshop. Even if you don't plan on building your own turbine, this book is packed with valuable information for anyone considering wind energy. It covers the basic physics of how the energy in moving air is turned into electricity, and most importantly, will give you a realistic idea of what wind energy can do for you--and what it can't.

Editorial Reviews

"A well-crafted blend of theory and practical information for all who want to build a quiet, efficient, and economical wind turbine to achieve greater energy independence and reduce their carbon footprint. These guys know their stuff and know how to convey it in a clear, concise, understandable, and humorous fashion." --Dan Chiras, PhD, author of Power from the Wind, The Homeowner's Guide to Renewable Energy, The Solar House, Green Home Improvement, and more.

"If you've ever thought the wind could be as productive as it is annoying, get this remarkable book, apply its clear-cut principles and procedures, and brew up a wind turbine. In their clever and amusing way, Dan and Dan show you how to power your house with the same forces that rattle the windowpanes. Buy it--it's the only book of its kind on planet Earth!" --Rex Ewing, author of Power with Nature, Got Sun? Go Solar, Hydrogen-Hot Stuff, Cool Science, and more.

"The Otherpower Dans and their crew learn more in their sleep about building good wind generators than the rest of us learn in the daylight. If you want to be able to build simple, robust, and productive wind turbines awake or asleep, buy this book!" --Ian Woofenden, Senior Editor, Home Power Magazine; NW and Costa Rica coordinator, Solar Energy International, wind energy abuser.

We'd like to thank everyone on this board (AGAIN!) for their insights and support for our book project. Learning from all of you has been just as valuable to us as learning from our own experiments.

DAN BARTMANN and DAN FINK

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 07:24:07 PM by (unknown) »

halfcrazy

Re: Homebrew Wind Power book is in stock!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »
Looks cool just ordered mine.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:27:19 PM by halfcrazy »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
My Advance Review Copy is very interesting. Been picking it up and reading bits and pieces as I get time. Very thorough and put together with their typical practical methods and observations.

If you intend to build a turbine, this book would be a pretty valuable resource. I sure hope they need to order another 6 or 8 pallets printed.

Buddy thought the Dog Haiku was cool, but he is a dog, after all.

OK, done pimping for the boys, now get out there and order up a few copies for Christmas gifts or to donate to your local library.

Tom

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 07:43:21 PM by TomW »

RobC

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 08:35:33 PM »
Just ordered my copy. I've been hoping to see this material in hard copy for a long time. RobC
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:35:33 PM by RobC »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 05:48:36 AM »
See good things can happen when you run out of fuel on top of a hill.

Looks like a good book better order more.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:48:36 AM by tecker »

scoraigwind

• www.scoraigwind.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »
About time you got them out the door!  It's time people had a chance to read a condensation of all your acquired wisdom in one fat book instead of chasing all around the web for it.  I can see the Homebrew Wind Power Book is going to be a reference work.  Thanks from all of us!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:54:05 PM by scoraigwind »
Hugh Piggott scoraigwind.co.uk

richhagen

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 04:58:02 PM »
I just received it.  I will be perusing its pages shortly.  Rich
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:58:02 PM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!