Author Topic: How Big a Magnetic Rotor & Stator  (Read 814 times)

farmerjohn

How Big a Magnetic Rotor & Stator
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:15:44 PM »
Hi new here and trying to figure it all out.  Did a search and didn't find anything.  If I use a PICO turbine and leave the stator and magnetic rotor on the ground, how big can someone build them.  Looking to spin it at low RPM, Have also looked at plans were you can hook up more than one turbine.  Two, three, or four units should produce some torque.  I know its different that putting it all in the air, but your gen is on the ground.  The PICO turbine may not be as efficient as a unit in the air but I figured its all free.  Any comments, thanks John
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 10:15:44 PM by (unknown) »

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: How Big a Magnetic Rotor & Stator
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 09:24:41 AM »
farmer john , your talking about a vawt. system. thats my area of interest as well. the way i see it, the wider dia. the better.but if you go with direct drive the farther from center you go the more runout(wobble) you get. then you have to enlarge the space between the rotors for clearance and that hurts power production. also, you start to get large no. of mags and coils required. i'm starting to work towards a large dia. flywheel turning a small dia. geni. and like you, i want it on the ground.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:24:41 AM by electrondady1 »

healerenergy

Re: How Big a Magnetic Rotor & Stator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 11:45:22 PM »
I think these motors can be used for alternators and they are large diameter. I haven't checked on there price tag yet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 11:45:22 PM by healerenergy »