Author Topic: radial flux alt homemade stator- need help  (Read 831 times)

amiklic1

radial flux alt homemade stator- need help
« on: October 05, 2005, 11:12:26 PM »
Is that called "the core", anyway?

I got one ac motor in parts, and I would like to do something with it.

The stator has 36 slots with wire, and it's connected too complex for me to make some modifications with existing wire, if it is even possible.

I would like to rewind the stator, and I know some basics. I coil of one phase uses two slots, and that means that I can get 6 coils of each phase in three phase system. The slots are not too wide, some 8x20 mm, and I am wondering what wire gauge to use?

Also, I need to modify the rotor on the lathe, so I can put magnets on t. I got some neos ( 2"x1"x.5"), and I can put 8 magnets around the rotor. I'll cut 13 mm deep around, and then use some epoxy and maybe some aluminium sheet around to fix the mags to the rotor.

Can anyone imagine what would I expect to see from the results? How much power can I get from that kind of alt?

Also, how to connect the coils to get the best results???

« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:12:26 PM by (unknown) »

wdyasq

Imagine
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 07:47:02 AM »
I imagine it will cog beyond the ability to turn it with wind. I imagine you haven't given us enough information to tell you what it will put out in energy or how much and size wire you should use.

I also Imagine if you did a search you would find hout how to wind the coils, skew the stator plates so it won't cog, calculate voltages that will be produced and calculate wire size.  But, this is only my imagination.  For I have seen it is futile to think folks actually research this stuff.

But, I know all the information is on this site.

Ron

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 07:47:02 AM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"