Author Topic: 11 inch rotor 8 mags 6 coils  (Read 1020 times)

11 inch rotor 8 mags 6 coils
« on: October 22, 2005, 02:01:44 AM »
will this be a good start, if I use a 2x1x1/2 mag  dual rotor .It just looks like there is to much wasted space on the rotor , maybe larger 2 inch rounds mags.If I go with the large round mags. is there a N AND S pole other than on the flat front and back of the mag. ? With all that room to wind the coils could I wind it enough to get 115 or 240 ?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 02:01:44 AM by (unknown) »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: 11 inch rotor 8 mags 6 coils
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 01:54:45 AM »
What do you want to do?  You can wind any stator for 110 or 220v, you just use thinner wire.

You will not get more power at the higher voltage. At the high voltage it seems unlikely that you are intending to use batteries so what does voltage mean. normally the batteries define the system voltage.

The output direct from a wind generator is wild electricity with voltage and frequency changing with wind speed.

The thing is too small for useful heating so I don't see what you will do with the high voltage.

Flux

« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 01:54:45 AM by Flux »

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 12:06:54 PM »
Thank you for your imput.TO answer your question,I'am looking to generate 20 amps at 240 volts this maybe wishful thinking ; but thats my goal.As to what it would be used for would be to reduse my electric bill through NET METERING.Everthing in my home runs of 110/240 so thats why I was considering that voltage.I can see the dilima though , you almost have to have a holding capability via BATTERYS or maybe a CAPACITOR that would discharge once the voltage drop was large enough.All things considered I would would just like to build a dependable machine that I would be proud of.I belive that so long as we leave our energy future in the hands of polticians and the oil companys we lose.I know that my building this generator is not going to solve my energy needs ;but some of the greatist breakthroughs often come from people who say "I WONDER IF"                   .What about the rectangle vs. round magnet quiry.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 12:06:54 PM by 007 »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 12:33:16 PM »
The rectangular magnets will be a bit wide spaced on 11" discs. You could use round ones or use 12 of the rectangular ones if you want more out.

This will make a reasonable alternator for about 6 or 7ft prop with 8 rectangular magnets And 8ft or perhaps 9ft for 12 magnets for battery charging. You will not be able to grid tie without a special inverter if you can get permission to use it.

This will be a long way from your dream of 4.8kW but may be a good starting point to gain experience.

Flux

« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 12:33:16 PM by Flux »