Author Topic: "Space wind" or something like that  (Read 3162 times)

amiklic1

"Space wind" or something like that
« on: September 25, 2006, 06:57:55 AM »
I am looking for an article posted before about some kind of antenna generator. It was mentioned something as "5 kw from ....", about catching some space radiant energy.... Is that post deleted, or I just cannot find it. If someone know where it is, please answer.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:57:55 AM by (unknown) »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: "Space wind" or something like that
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 02:11:48 AM »
I think the idea was to charge a capacitor from static electricity and use a spark gap to transfer it to a battery.

I don't think there is serious energy available, but somewhere I read of an amateur radio enthusiast charging accumulators in the valve radio days.

If you look for static electricity rather than space radiant energy you might find it.

Flux

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:11:48 AM by Flux »

clflyguy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:32:01 AM »
Not sure about the post, but the radiant energy circuit you are looking for can be found at www.nuenergy.org/images/jpg/perreault modern radiant energy circuit.jpg

Get ready to buy several hundred feet of wire!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:32:01 AM by clflyguy »

stop4stuff

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 09:37:18 AM »
www.nuenergy.org/images/jpg/perreault modern radiant energy circuit.jpg didn't work for me... google found this tho

http://www.nuenergy.org/alt/radiant_energy_diatribe.htm

theory, method & an faq of sorts
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:37:18 AM by stop4stuff »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »
Thanks for making the link work.

I can't help thinking that there is confusion between kV and KW.

I have no doubt that you can reach many kV but the kW figures are dreams I suspect.

If you try it in a lightning storm you may get kW and wish you didn't.

Flux

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:42:01 AM by Flux »

makenzie71

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 01:18:47 PM »
They addressed this on mythbusters...and Tesla proved it in the 1800's.  It works and it's a viable source of energy.  It's simply too expensive to produce in comparison to how much power you get.  In jr high we charged an AA battery like this with a 200ft wire...only took 3 days.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 01:18:47 PM by makenzie71 »

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 05:08:39 PM »
Don't believe that stuff about "electret effect".  With a cylindrical conductor (the "shield") around the alleged "electret" (in the dilectric) the charge on the conductor creates the entire external field, regargless of the charge WITHIN the conductor.

Any amplification from "electrets" would have to come from something located OUTSIDE the collector cable.  (And fields from electrets would quickly be canceled in a foggy or rainy environment by their selective attraction of charged raindrops which would coat them until their net charge at the surface was neutral.)

The increase in current, if any, compared to a simple wire comes from the larger diameter of the outer conductor of the shielded wire.

If you ground the inner conductor the dilectric also provides a large capacitance to help store charge from one discharge spike to another.

= = = =

You can use a trapped field to charge droplets, then the force of the wind to drive them to a similarly-charged collector.  But the charged element providing the field will leak charge to other droplets and need constant refreshment.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 05:08:39 PM by Ungrounded Lightning Rod »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 05:54:32 PM »
 I 'm going to try this  I snatched a mess of rg59 from a building and I 'm going to checkit out 400 ' and ten ground rods and some microwave parts I'll let you know .I 've got a bedini circuit I 'll find it and post it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 05:54:32 PM by tecker »

veewee77

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:23:55 PM by veewee77 »

ULR

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 07:24:20 PM »
Cut the outer insulation of the RG59 so the shield is exposed.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 07:24:20 PM by ULR »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »
we dont usually allow posts about this sort of stuff here.. but since it was started and theres been a few good comments we'll leave it for now.  (unless another editor feels differently which would be fine).  It's not a useful form of energy in my opinion.  Theres simply not much energy there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:41:35 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

DingBat

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 07:44:35 AM »
Isn't this basically a crystal radio setup, expect instead of a speaker you have a  diode and battery?

-- DingBat

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:44:35 AM by DingBat »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 08:36:26 AM »
 Thanks to the genereous nature of the editors the thread is still open to comments

so I'll say the ion  valve in it's basic design is an aluminum cylinder ( anode )

and a tungsten wire (cathode) . Bedini inserts scrs to switch . I 'll not push the limit of the editor indulgence any more. They do have a point as to the slated usefulness  of such a device and it has some pointed hazards also .I can atest to some heavy hits off antennas cb, hamm, and directv.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:36:26 AM by tecker »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 08:44:52 AM »
I think what the contention is and where the similar efects are mutual is that the frequency bands ride on the aeither . And the frenquency of ion transferance is in the same range but very large bandwidth.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:44:52 AM by tecker »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »
Here is a post I made that contains many links to discussions on this board about how to get electricity from long wire runs.

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2005/4/16/16939/3187

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:17:17 AM by wooferhound »

Nothing40

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 02:32:17 PM »
Years ago I went on a "ride along" with a neighbor,who worked at Pacific Power and Light..We went to St.Helens up in the middle of the forrest to replace a HV H-frame tower..The lines were turned off by the time we got there,and the first thing they did was dig a shallow hole,and drive a ground point into the dirt (it looked like a giant corkscrew,a couple feet long.) and ran 3 heavy jumper cables up to the lines.I asked him why they did that,and he said one major reason was because long runs of wire can build up a dangerous charge all on thier own..There was some minor arcing when they connected a couple of them,like a big static charge.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:32:17 PM by Nothing40 »