Author Topic: Which States  (Read 1033 times)

healerenergy

Which States
« on: September 12, 2007, 04:34:55 AM »
Which States have the best tax and netmetering laws. Because I would like to get something going here in Kansas because we do not have anything yet that I know of or have been able to find.

George

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:34:55 AM by (unknown) »

vawtman

Re: Which States
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »
George heres a link that might help ya

http://www.awea.org/smallwind/kansas.html
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:10:13 PM by vawtman »

gizmo

• The Back Shed
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:10:19 PM »
What country? Isnt Kansas in Canada somewhere? No hang on, Wizard of Oz, Toto, not in Kansas anymore?, The USA maybe?

Remember the web is global. Personal gripe.

Glenn

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:10:19 PM by gizmo »

healerenergy

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:51:11 PM »
Thanks for the link I will make good use of it.  From what I read so far on the site the California law which is the only one I have read about at any length is better than the one here in Kansas.  I'll bet our utility company had a hand in setting the numbers so low in what we can sell to the power companies which is to bad.

George

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:51:11 PM by healerenergy »

thefinis

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 04:20:16 AM »
Aren't you from OZ I thought that was in Kansas no wait that is over the rainbow. Grin

If the laws are better there post it but from hearing the gripes from your countrymen it isn't much if any better there. Europe seems to be leading the way in RE laws and incentives.

Back to the topic I would try checking with the guys at prairieturbines.com as they are from kansas and are gridtied so I am sure they know what the latest laws concerning windpower at least on a statewide basis.

Finis

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 04:20:16 AM by thefinis »

gizmo

• The Back Shed
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 05:53:33 AM »
Yeah its something that bugs me, the internet is global but this is often forgotten. Trust me, most of the people on this planet would not know where Kansas is, like they wouldn't know where my home state of Queensland is. A couple of months ago I got a newsletter email from Google administration to Adsense members, and it said they hoped everyone was enjoying the summer holidays. It was the middle of winter here, and anywhere else on the bottom half of the globe. What Google should have said was they hope everyone in the USA is enjoying the summer holiday. That would have been fine. Yeah I'm a fussy old bugger :)

The RE laws are all over the place here in Australia, one minute there are rebates and the next they have been dropped. Last night I heard about a $1000 dollar rebate on solar hot water, I might look into that. We have our nation elections in the next few weeks, if Mr Jonny Howard ever sets a date, and global warming is the big thing here at the moment. Will be interesting to see what promises are made over the campaign.

Glenn

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:53:33 AM by gizmo »

iamdewayne

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »
Kansas has a net metering law. Really not a bad one at that... It may take a few more years to get all the preapproved equipment listed though ( right now I don't think they have any equipment approved if I am reading right. )
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:19:44 PM by iamdewayne »

healerenergy

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
From what I read the power company has the ability to dictate what you will need to connect to their grid I can only hope they will not go overboard and require something that is not necessary.

George

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:16:00 PM by healerenergy »