Author Topic: Wincharger Models and Prices?  (Read 1444 times)

Windy Steve

Wincharger Models and Prices?
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:07:03 AM »
 I have placed an ad on our local radio station looking for old wind generators. I received calls from farmers with 32volt Winchargers (some have been stored inside). What are the preferred Wincharger 32 volt models? What should I be looking for? What are they worth?

Thanks, Windy Steve
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 03:07:03 AM by (unknown) »

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
Re: Wincharger Models and Prices?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »
Have you seen this site....http://www.wincharger.com/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 08:26:40 PM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »
What do you want it for?

Do you collect them or are you wanting to use it for power generation.

If you collect them then it is worth what the market will stand and the less useful and rare one may be most valuable.

If you want to use it then bear in mind that they are old technology and will not compare with modern permanent magnet machines especially on low wind days or in low wind areas. Also the 32v would probably force you to use 24v with a reduction in performance.  I couldn't even hope to advise you on a price under these conditions my personal value would be based on scrap price but if you want power and can't build anything then I suppose you would be comparing prices with similar sized Chinese imports.

Flux

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:49:56 AM by Flux »

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 04:06:18 AM »
Flux, very good points, my old 32v Dunlite which I use at 24V at times causes me much frustration. If not for the nostalgic value I would replace it with another duel rotor, without a reasonable understanding of how they work (therefore how to fix them) they are as Flux said, old technology.

My Dunlit is capable of 60v open circuit terminal voltage, but I don't believe it would perform well on a 48v system.

I have several awaiting restoration, sourced from similar ads, but now believe I would have better spent my dollars on magnets.

allan down under

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 04:06:18 AM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.