Author Topic: I may be able to acquite this tower.  (Read 981 times)

veewee77

I may be able to acquite this tower.
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:42:57 AM »
I have a chance to get this tower and I'd like to know what it is worth. All guys and 150 ft of tower are on location here. They want to know what it is worth to be taken down. I would take it down if I had to. Unless someone else on here wants to come get it, it could be for sale.

go to:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=1824%20collin%20raye%20drive%20de%20queen%2C%20

ar%2071832&sa=N&tab=wl&um=1

and look north and a bit east of the building and you'll see it standing there coming out of a clump of bushes. Oh, go to street view and look North Northeast.

Doug

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:42:57 AM by (unknown) »

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
Re: I may be able to acquite this tower.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »
I am wondering what the tower was used for? Was it a relay for radio or a ham operator? Does it have a tapperd base or hinged base? You should be able to find some information on the net or if possible look up the builder. Some one should have information on it even the county unless it is very old. It might make two shorter towers as a selling piont. Just some ideas.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:41:26 PM by thirteen »
MntMnROY 13

jclaudii

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »
Hey VeeWee, I'm an Arkansan too on here. I don't think there are many of us on here from Arkansas.  I would think it requires some more info in order to get the value of the tower.  For one, who is wanting it taken down the previous company or the city?  Also, can you do it yourself with a few helpers manually or is a crane needed.  The cost of a  used tower goes up if a crane is needed unless you can "borrow" the companies or cities.  Then, how much you charging for your time you have in the tower?

I would love to have just half this tower as 75' would be pretty good, but I don't see myself getting any free time anytime soon.  But My little brother down in Murfreesboro may be able to help out depending on what you decide to do with the tower and if you are doing it yourself.  Let me know

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:20:26 PM by jclaudii »

veewee77

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »
I will reply to both responses in this post.

The tower is not tapered at the bottom, and is not hinged, either.

It is three-legged, bolted to a concrete base.

It is about 150 feet tall, but when I went out and looked at it, it appears the guys are at 40 foot intervals except the top one which is closer to 30. Each section looks like 10 feet long and there are 4 sections to the first guy wire.

I will be calling them back in a day or two to see what they say about it.

I would be willing to share depending on methods and cost to get it down.

Doug

P.S. jclaudii my email is veewee77 at windstream dot net if you want to email me directly about it.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:52:43 PM by veewee77 »