whats the best system to go offline completley

12 volt
0 (0%)
24 volt
2 (15.4%)
48volt
11 (84.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: wind turbine design  (Read 981 times)

artv

wind turbine design
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:30:59 AM »
hello everybody                                                                                                                                                                                         I live in low wind area,but building a tower is not a problem.I just want to know how big of unit I'll need to get off the grid.My main power draws are fridge stove w/d the usual. Looking for the best bang for my buck. Oh I heat with wood mainly but just installed in floor running off my hot water tank ,high effeicent oil it cost me roughly 1penny/sqft/day pretty cheap(I insulated really well).Hopefully it would be something I can build myself so would it be 12,24,48 volt system I have 25 acres so space is not an issue                      

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
Re: wind turbine design
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
Until you do a full audit of your power usage no one will know what size generator you will need, also be aware that solar is the backbone of off grid unless one lives in a constant howling gale (which you don't). Looking for the best bang for your buck always worries me, you get what you pay for, better to say I want to spend my dollars once.

allan
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.