Author Topic: Home Built inverters  (Read 1406 times)

hbelanger

Home Built inverters
« on: August 12, 2005, 08:26:44 PM »
Hi Gents,

I've just spend a couple of week at a friends cottages, The first cottage is on the right path to be completely independent, but the chap spent way to much money for is setup and I offer to help him setup is second setup.

I have plans for home build solar panels,  Wind mill from Hugh Piggott and place to buy cheap Golf cart batteries.  Now I need help with the electronics, I'd like to built an inverter and charge controllers as well as shunt system. I've plans for a 1500watt inverter that I found on the net that needs validation, but I'd prefer to built a 3000 watt + system, I can't seem to find any plans for the rest.

Is there anyone that can help.

Please e-mail me directly

Thanks

Hugues Belanger

hbelanger@look.ca

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:26:44 PM by (unknown) »

drdongle

Re: Home Built inverters
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 04:08:38 PM »
Most inverter plans on the net are very simple and limited in output. Building a high power inverter that will perform with a high degree of spectral purity, and reliability is not a one night task nor something one with limited electronics skills should attempt. There are however several links in the archive here for people who are working on such units. Just use "inverter" for the search and you'll find them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 04:08:38 PM by (unknown) »