Author Topic: CNC automated solder station  (Read 1302 times)

amiklic1

CNC automated solder station
« on: November 02, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »
I got few matrix printers whose motors and mechanics are good, and I plan to make some cnc machines, as I saw on the net. At first I plan to build cnc drill machine for electronis prijects, to drill holes on pcbs. It's not much work to do that the old way, but this is fun. Also, I plan to make an cnc solder, to solder tabbing to the solar cell. I plan sonmething like this:

Two solders connected in parallel with possibility to adjust distance between them, so different types of cells to be used sucessfully.

Table to put cells on and fix them. Maybe 3 or 4 cells in one column to be soldered.

Machine goes with the solders above the cell's soldering string, and when the tip comes aboove it, another motor is lowering tips down to the cells. Some springs are to be used here to minimize the pressure. 100 W solders are going to be used to improve work and speed up the process.

When tip comes to the end of a cell, program gives an order to raise the solders, and to go further to the next cell. Then the solders are lowered, ......

My rail (axis travel) is about 40 cm long. Before putting cells to the machine, I plan to solder the beginning of the tabbing to the cell by hand.

I appreciate all coments which would help to make something similar, or even totaly different, but working.

I have lot of fun doing such projects, and learning, learning.... learning...

« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 02:37:07 PM by (unknown) »