Author Topic: Net-Metering Public Policy Research  (Read 1027 times)

(unknown)

Net-Metering Public Policy Research
« on: November 18, 2006, 11:03:57 PM »
Hello listers

I am hoping someone out there can help me.  I am a graduate student at Cleveland State University in Ohio.  Currently, I am writing a paper about policy regarding net-metering rules and regulations.  I have done some preliminary background work so far.  What I am lacking are good case studies.  What I mean is, I could sincerely use some examples of utility companies and their net-metering implementation, and your opinions (the user) about the situation.  I may even quote responses. The class is an Environmental Policy course, and I am researching into what it would take to make national legislation/policy.

I don't claim to be an expert in policy-making or government.  Recently, though, I am very interested in solar and wind power and it is fast becoming my favorite topic.  If it helps, my abstract is listed below.  If there is an interest, I could email the final paper.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

The rough abstract is as follows:

Abstract

The U.S. utility industry relies heavily on fossil fuel sources for cheap power.  Other power sources, such as biomass, geothermal, solar, and wind, cannot compete on the utilities market.   In the near future, however, the world will soon run out of cost- and energy-effective, extractable fossil fuels.  If our current standard of living as well as the environment is be maintained, then commercial industry and consumers needs to switch to alternative energies soon, and the U.S. will need federal policies in place to make residential and commercial energy exchanges possible.  Using Someplace Utility Company as a case study, I will evaluate their current public policy implementation effectiveness for grid interconnection of power.  I will then discuss how American utility' policies generally lack the requirements necessary for a non-discriminatory and two-way, interconnection back into the grid of alternative energy generated by residential and commercial industrial power.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:03:57 PM by (unknown) »