Author Topic: connecting two dc turbines together to the battery  (Read 858 times)

super windy

connecting two dc turbines together to the battery
« on: November 13, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »
Hi everyone in this forum, I really need your help with a query I have, I have managed to make 2 wind turbines, one with a treadmill motor, and another one with an ametek 30v, I have donne a few films on youtube.com, here's is one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm8yRIWonJI , and if you want you can view my other ones in there of both turbines.

now my query since I have the two turbines, which in theory were to charge my 2 battery banks independent, can I connect both turbines together to charge my big battery bank, the reason for this is that I see that from each turbine I can very easily get up to 9 to 10 volts on a daily basis, but obviously you need above 13 volts to start charging the batteries, however my though is since they are both dc, if I connect them together, so maybe the treadmill one is connected to its diode, and the same for the ametek, connect it to its diode, and then connect both outputs together so both would go to the same battery, can this be donne?, or I'm I looking at burning my shed down, or indeed my house, but the way I see it if one is putting out 8 or 9 volts and the other the same, if I join both of them, in theory I should get 17 to 18 volts is this correct?

I view this site on a daily basis and I know that there is somme pretty amazing people here when it commes to electronics and knowledge, well donne, and keep up the good work, I'm gathering all the information and knowledge to do my own hugh piggot wind turbine, hopefully next year, so I might be here on a daily basis bothering you guys with silly questions.

cheers, any help is greatly appreciatted.

keep up the good work

Super Windy
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:18:26 PM by (unknown) »

wdyasq

Re: connecting two dc turbines together to the bat
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
Stooper Windy,

Is there any reason for this new post? You got answers on your last post:

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2007/11/12/221716/63

Are you looking for different answers?

Ron

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:06:10 PM by (unknown) »