Author Topic: Slotted stator vs aircore, any numbers?  (Read 1306 times)

(unknown)

Slotted stator vs aircore, any numbers?
« on: July 05, 2004, 02:11:05 PM »
Hi

Has anyone got some numbers how much more voltage will same coil-mag-windings setup give if you slot the stator than stator with coils over laminates (air core)?

Adding laminates gives some 80% more voltage than without lams, but haven't seen any info on performance increase with slotting.

Brgds, Sammy

« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 02:11:05 PM by (unknown) »

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
Re: Slotted stator vs aircore, any numbers?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 03:09:16 PM »
Note that increased field will also enable you to pull more CURRENT.  So square the improvement.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:09:16 PM by (unknown) »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 07:45:52 PM »
 I think one is looking for the lessened drag of an air core low wind startup and low  heat accumulation . Many other configurations are possible but a small unit with blades

less than 20' seem to give better numbers with air core . what seems to have fallen through  the cracks is a centrally placed metallic core to produce better high speed numbers I think that if you place a laminate or ball bearings magnetite etc in the center of the coil to create more magnetic flow at high speeds a compromise is possible.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 07:45:52 PM by (unknown) »

Gary D

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 07:37:41 AM »
Sammy, am I correct in that you are thinking of a single magnet rotor with coils on top of laminates versus the same with coils in a slotted laminate? If so, a while back there were numbers posted with a great increase in amps out with the slotted design. I thought it was either Ed at windstuff or Rob D. that provided us with the numbers. I checked back, but unfortunately couldn't find the posts. Perhaps someone else gave the info. Hopefully someone with a better memory can find the link to the numbers given. Most think of "air core" being a two magnet rotor with a stator between them...  Gary D.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 07:37:41 AM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 10:55:15 AM »
Yes Gary, that is what I meant. Tried also to search trough old posts but didn't find any comparison numbers. Even rough estimates would be helpful in my alt plans.

Thanks!

-Sammy

« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 10:55:15 AM by (unknown) »