Author Topic: Amyone playing with a E-Mon (KWH Meter? need advice)  (Read 857 times)

sparkz

Amyone playing with a E-Mon (KWH Meter? need advice)
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:54:58 PM »
Hello Guys / Gals

As some might have read

I Was an Industrial Electrical Contractor (now ret.)

But as I shut down the corp. I happened to keep tons of goodies

I.e. Cable, Wire, switchgear, fuses, breakers, ect  and some real kewl stuff LOL

Please let me know if somebody needs something

Anyways

I was digging thru stuff and came across a E-Mon KWH meter for 3 phase

It can be config in a ton of ways I can recall it was a take down as a fork truck hit it and killed the LCD read out

I have the meter and the CTs for it

I was thinking that I would just replace the LCD (no biggie to do) and play with it

Any thoughts on how and what I can do to play with this?  I want to do a PV & wind system here but then thought I might use this meter for a test bed type equip.

Moreover, posb let others use it for a proving ground tool

Let me know what you all think and is anyone using one of these http://www.emon.com/html/kwh.html   this one is a E-MON  120/208 @ 200Amp (up to 400hz) - 4 wire wye connected systems mounted in a Hoffman 3R box but as the OE. Cut the box now its NEMA 1 ( Common 3 phase for comm.. buildings) ( it has a SN#89110456H) this unit is known to work until the day the knucklehead bumped it with the fork truck LOL and just needs the LCD soldered in ( now I need to find a LCD that will fit)  man I think this would be nice for a lot of stuff on the proving grounds and with that data link ( Cat 5 RJ-45 jack I could play with that given I find the progm. On the web))

IF YOU have this softwear please let me know.

But it also has a data link in side and it can be used for 1-phase systems I think as I read on the site

Let me know what ya think

In addition, in my looking I found a TON of copper with tin clad Buss bar like

15 pc of 3/8"X2-1/2X 48" long I would cut some  if someone needed a hunk for there buss its nice stuff. Man what ya find when ya look LOL

I found a ton of extra flex #6 THW (red) with a tined copper like 2500 foot' also

And a big piece of DLO (Deisle locomotive cable 375MCM)

Let me know what your thought are on the KWH meter and if anyone would need and as to what size of buss bar I could also drill and tap it for ya and if I knew what cable ya need / want I most likely have that also and I also have 3 milk crates of lugs alum and CU and a hy-press tool to install them as well as a tom of mach. Lugs

I have tons of equip that I will never use so the wife wants it gone LOL

Man I should just have a garage sale LOL

Most stuff is BRAND NEW and I have tons of take down stuff

Let me know boys

Sparkz (Southeastern Kentucky)

Sparkz_Campbell@Yahoo.Com

« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 12:54:58 PM by (unknown) »