Author Topic: French Pulse Charger  (Read 875 times)

froggie

French Pulse Charger
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »
Hey all. Do you remember someone linked to the French-designed pulse charger built by Jean-Michele Cour?

I went to the page, was quite interested and so I emailed the guy - very friendly he was too and he replied pretty much straight away.

Turns out the link we posted was a really old mirror page and he's done a lot more work since. The current English site is here:

http://www.tunecharger.com/index-261812.htm

Quite a nice little unit. It'd always frustrated me that when my panel dropped below battery voltage, I extracted nothing at all. This pulse charger will work from any source 5V and up. He pulses at 25V which gives good results on 12V batteries.

I saw someone mention they built their own pulse charger to operate at 120v. That would scare me a little, that's one hell of a pressure to kick across it.

Any comments? I think I might try and built some kind of pulse charger. Is there a good easy design or are they all equally hard work?

Thanks guys!

froggie - otherpower reader for a fair while, wind & sun power nutcase for life.

(been reading tesla patents all morning, hence I'm thinking in pressure instead of voltage)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 01:47:49 PM by (unknown) »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
Re: French Pulse Charger
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 07:54:44 AM »
It gets talked about a LOT here

http://www.fieldlines.com/?op=search&offset=0&old_count=30&type=story&section=&s
tring=pulse+charger&search=Search&count=30

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 07:54:44 AM by (unknown) »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 07:58:51 AM »
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 07:58:51 AM by (unknown) »

Jerry

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:39:45 PM »
Hi Woof.

I havn't used that one for a long time. The 120 vac unit is so simple and easy. I've built 6 of those and there all working great.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 09:39:45 PM by (unknown) »