Author Topic: Stackable inverters  (Read 3360 times)

(unknown)

Stackable inverters
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:51:41 AM »
Hi, does anyone have any practical information on the following inverters?

http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/invert1400.html

Are they truely stackable, are they built by a reliable company, what's a "semi-full" sine wave?

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 04:51:41 AM by (unknown) »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Re: Stackable inverters
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 11:22:42 PM »
It seems that the vendor has failed to answer most of your questions.  I have no idea...  the price seems fair, the idea that they're able to be hooked together in phase is interesting (if that's true - he does not discuss paralleling all the AC output and its not shown in the pictures).  I like this statement:

'All components are fuse protected so it is impossible to blow this one up.'

Most inverters (especially cheap ones) have lots of fuses and it's still quite possible to blow them up.  More expensive inverters expect you to put in your own breaker.  Based on other stuff I see on that site I would personally beware, but that's just my opinion.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:22:42 PM by (unknown) »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

Nando

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »
I visited the site, the site about he converters has a lot of HYPE, I could not find the specifications sheets of the DC/AC MSW inverters.

The paralleling or stacking with this type of converters is easy if one pick up a synchronizer pulse and output wave forms, since the electronics circuitry is simple .

A lot of hyped suggestions that one can place several in parallel or series ( stack)that theoretical can be done but in a practical way is not realizable due to the battery banking size.

Limit the stacking to 2 and choose the peak power from the beginning.

and be careful because if one is using a double stack like for 110/220 Volts and one is overloaded both can be damaged.

Stackable Inverters need current detection for each one and if one folds the seconds follow to protect themselves - if this capability does not exist then a good possibility of blowing both if there is a short in one lower voltage loop.

Voltage loop = in an stackable pair there are 2 lower voltage loops of 110 Volts and one higher loop of 220 volts.

DEMAND the specifications sheets.

They are not damage proof, fuses are normally used for ultimate protection NOT basic protection, so one may BLOW an inverter before the FUSES BLOW what they say is PROPAGANDA .

Nando

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:33:39 AM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 07:47:51 PM »
Thanks guys. I thought it sounded a little like a used car sales pitch.

I'll probably go ahead and buy one or two, too tear apart and see what makes them tick.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 07:47:51 PM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 01:43:24 PM »
OK, Hydrogenappliances gives a 30 day warranty with their inverters which you can't enforce since the company seems to be some guy named "Ron" who lives "somewhere."

My personal experience in dealing with this company after buying 2 1800 Watt "stackable" inverters is that they both fried at 500 Watts and Hydrogenappliances won't answer emails. Hopefully, PayPal will deem their renege on the warranty claim as selling a product "substantially different" than what was advertised and make good on their buyer protection claims.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:43:24 PM by (unknown) »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »
Good Luck with that paypal thing.  Their BS requirements ensure their time limit is up well before they will do anything, then you get an email you took too long for them to do anything about the situation.  My soured situation would have required me to file a complaint long before I made the purchase.

A "Google search the board" will show what many people think of Hydrogenappliances products and ideas.

Buy from someone more honest than... say someone with the reputation of Hydrogenappliances?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:39:08 PM by (unknown) »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller