Author Topic: Anyone know how to 'unstick' an electronic fuse?  (Read 932 times)

(unknown)

Anyone know how to 'unstick' an electronic fuse?
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »
I wonder if anyone knows how to 'unstick' an electronic fuse in a solar charge regulator? My excellent Steca PR1010 may have been affected by lightning static; whatever did it, the built-in and electronic solar panel input fuse is now stuck in the 'night' position, showing a moon symbol on the LCD so that it refuses to accept any solar input. I can't get any response from the manufacturers, and though I have tried any number of measures (re-setting the configuration back to default, disconnecting the unit for several days in the hope it would manually 'unstick', no joy. Other than sending the unit away for an (expensive and time-consuming) repair, has anyone come across this type of thing before, and can offer a solution? Thankx!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 07:49:19 AM by (unknown) »

donald77777

Re: Anyone know how to 'unstick'
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
Can you post a picture of the fuse in question? please. Is this fuse a fuse in the real sense eg glass tube with a wire element or is it a disgital input fuse eg no true fuse just a circuit board?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 05:54:43 PM by (unknown) »

la7qz

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 06:26:39 PM »
Hi

Write me at the e-mail address you will find at

http://home.no.net/naomij/email.html

I have just been in contact with a person who has given me excellent support by e-mail for another Steca product. I'll give you his e-mail address offlist.

(PS. Please don't post my e-mail address online in machine readable format.)

Owen

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:26:39 PM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 12:51:02 AM »
Nope, unfortunately when I opened the unit it was apparent there is no 'actual' fuse -- merely electronic circuitry. The unit says the electronic fuse is supposed to re-set automatically, which is where my problem lies.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:51:02 AM by (unknown) »