Author Topic: Heatsink less inverter  (Read 862 times)

shainajkumar

Heatsink less inverter
« on: April 20, 2008, 01:51:27 PM »
IRF3205 can handle 8 amps with out heatsink. If we use 6+6 nos IRF3205 in 500W 12VDC/230V ac push pull inverter we can avoid the use of heatsink. Efficiency also will be high.

Your duplicate story was removed. This one was properly resectioned.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:51:27 PM by (unknown) »

joestue

Re: Heatsink less inverter
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 11:44:45 AM »
So.. what... heatsinks are expensive, so are mosfets. manufacturers use the best combination of the two to get the lowest cost. nothing new.

On the other hand, are you trying to reduce cost or improve efficiency? or both?

In addition to these reduced I^2R losses you should look into utilizing silicon carbide diodes, and redesign the subbers for the reduced recovery times and lower capacitance. Of course you may not need those, depending on what topology you are using.

I think you are ignoring switching losses, unless you wish to square wave drive an iron transformer at 60Hz, but who would want to do that?

Please provide more information.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:44:45 AM by (unknown) »
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 12:22:39 PM »
Joe;

Yes, some folks tend to forget that it is an integrated system. Pretty much everything affects everything else.

Common form of vision impairment. I am all for innovation. I guess thats why we have questions and feedback.

TomW

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:22:39 PM by (unknown) »

joestue

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »
lol, Tom I didn't take that as a question.

But if we want innovation, we need to look elsewhere for more efficient and cheap solutions. I'm all for a 3 phase revolution. At some point semiconductors are going to be almost free, so we might as well switch to HVDC early.

I'm only semi serious here, but it is a serious thought.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 02:00:31 PM by (unknown) »
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.