Homebrewed Electricity > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Do's and Don'ts for Newbies

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rover:
I think another addition might be. Don't reply to another post unless  you really think/know the topic and can live with some rebuttal if others have dissent for  your contribution.

DragonFly III:
Totally see what you are saying.  It made me think of people I have delt with.  I get "hired" to help get things going I give the instructions and leave.  Come back and see that they were waiting for me to come back and hold there hands.  Very counterproductive.  I just wanted to touch those who are actually selling themselves short because they dont have the funds or access to extra parts.

countrykidd:
Just read the "do's & don'ts" . Agree with most of it but I (after reading a ton of stuff on Micro hydro) wanted to see what I could build with what i had or could get for free. I certainly didn't have $1000/$2000 to buy off the shelf units. (at least not yet)  I have built and tested my unit and it works! (Maybe i was hoping for a few more amps  :) but it's a work in progress.
So I have been looking for a forum that's interested in DIY stuff. Am I in the right place?

RP:

--- Quote from: countrykidd on June 22, 2010, 09:02:49 PM ---So I have been looking for a forum that's interested in DIY stuff. Am I in the right place?

--- End quote ---

Yep,  You're home!

luv2weld:
One thing that I forgot is----Please include more information than you think is necessary.
Include where you are, the size of the swept area, voltage of the system, height of tower, if tower is sheltered
or in the open,how many batteries, what type, etc., any and all other information.
You know the details of your system and what you are asking. But we don't.
It is frustrating to have to ask for the information in order to answer your question.
Please give us all the help we need to answer your questions.

Ralph

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version