Author Topic: SHW Pump Station Suggestions  (Read 664 times)

shaniac

SHW Pump Station Suggestions
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »
Greetings.

I am working on installing my second Solar Hot Water setup and am looking to use a closed loop solution this time with my heat exchanger tank. Thus I am looking for suggestions on a single pump, pumping station. Does anyone have any favorites that have given them years of dependable service?
Attached is a PDF of some of the ones I have found online. Thanks in advance!

shaniac

Re: SHW Pump Station Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 03:31:46 AM »
Come now, I am sure someone has an opinion?  Anyone?

B529

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »
I don't have any experience with the stations you listed. I put them together myself.

If you are looking for a pre-fab set up, give AAASolar in Albuquerque a try, I bet they'll build one up for you with the proper size pump..... Or if you have the skills to do it yourself, order all the parts from them or have a buddy sweat them together. It's EZ to do.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »
Did you see the Homepower review a few months ago?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

shaniac

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
Yes, thanks SparWeb, I saw the article, but alas like many HP articles they talk about what the item does, but they dont compare product A to product B like a consumer reports might. I was hoping to get some experienced opinions from some of the members of the board.  For example, the Heliodyne helio pak I installed at my neighbors house has done well for two years now, but some of the factory connection have leaked. I really like the 10 year warranty that the CalliFFI products have, but I have no personal experience with them. Any advice or thoughts is always welcome. - thank you!

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »
Try Gary at Build-it-solar, he may know someone who's had direct experience.
If you haven't already, of course...
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca