Remote Living > Transportation

Curtis PMC 1208 2312 not responding.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bruce S:

--- Quote from: sarscott on June 19, 2010, 11:01:12 PM ---Anyone know of any other motor controllers that will work in place of the Curtis PMC 1209 2312?  I did some research and new motor controllers are $200.00 less in price.  I would rather save the $200.00 and have a new motor controller.

--- End quote ---
Try craigslist in your area. It can be your friend :).
Zap may see this he's really good at finding things.

Best of Luck!
Bruce S

zap:
There are controllers out there that could replace your Curtis but for $29 you won't get the safeguards of the Curtis and how many OEM functions will you lose?
Being a mobility scooter, you need to consider the safety factors you may be giving up not to mention the difficulty of figuring out the wiring for hooking up an aftermarket controller.

I assume the $229 price you found was at http://www.csldirect.com?  If you haven't already, you might want to contact them and inquire on a price for repairing your board or trading yours in.
Do you have a local mobility scooter repair shop?

Barring any of the above, Bruce's suggestion of craigslist seems the cheapest.

sarscott:
Thanks for your help.  I will contact CLSdirect about having my board repaired or doing a trade in for a discount.  I will search craigslist as well.  There are many local scooter repair shops in my area so I will have to do some research calling these places one by one.  Thanks again.

sarscott:
I contacted csldirect.com and the $229.00 is the repair cost for the controller.  They do not accept trade in boards.  Thanks for your help.

tahirh20:
i can help you, last Friday smoke come out from my lark4 mobility scooter's Curtis pmc 1208-2349. I have successfully repaired it
tahir20
Asking people to venture away from the open forums, especially on your first post, is considered bad form...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version