Author Topic: Grid Tie Inverters  (Read 1390 times)

Yianie123.

Grid Tie Inverters
« on: July 11, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
Has anyone ever purchased a plug n play grid tie inverter from China?  I have seen all sizes, please tell me what your experience has been.

Rover

Re: Grid Tie Inverters
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »
If you are talking about one that plugs into a household recepticle, don't think you will find any support for them there here.

I knoe every one wants to do  things on the cheap, but man that ain't the way to go.  Only time I'd even consider such a device is I had a off grid circuit with enough batery juice to support it

Just sticking it in to a reciptcle, might work ... every thing seems fine, then the power company gets wind of it, turns off your power. Or worse, you have a fire, and the insurance investigator discovers the unit, forget any help from them.

Rover
<Where did I bury that microcontroller?>

Yianie123.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »
I appreicate your comments, but my electric company knows and they are checking if it is do able.
John

kurt

• website
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »
i am locking this topic as this board does not condone illegal activities with non UL approved inverters that could get people in allot of trouble and give the do it yourself RE community a very bad reputation in the community.