Logged in users > User Diaries

VAWT new proto-type

<< < (4/104) > >>

DanG:

--- Quote ---a square hole through a cylinder [crosswise]
--- End quote ---

Keeping the table in the same height position for the whole task gets easier when aligning the V-notch jig if one uses a long fine drill-bit, say 1/16" or finer to decrease the margin of error. I keep a five-inch 1/16" drill bit just for starting bores that can't wander or walk off center too much...

GoVertical:
Greetings, thanks for the shop tip. Once you have a set of holes in the cylinder how do make a second set of holes perpendicular to the first set of holes on the same cylinder? The project requires this so the vertical blade supports are perpendicular to the rotor drive plate. This is where I am having difficulty. Thanks in advance for any help received.

wolfie:
make a sqr wooden block....bore a hole the size of your pipe down its length...slip the pipe in it ...but it in your vice and drill thru the center...put a pin thru the hole, rotate the block 90degrees, drill the perpendicular hole

GoVertical:
I completed case and rotors.  A 8 inch PVC fitting is being used for the case. I still have to mount magnets and wire stators. Stator will be wired as a 3 phase star configuration.  I only have room in the case for two stators and three rotors. Stators will be 6 coils per phase and the center rotor will have 12, 1by1 inch cylinders, N43 magnets and the top and bottom rotors will have 12, ½ by 1 inch cylinders, N43 magnets. I am concerned with the weight, it is going to be heavy. I order some corrugated plastic sheets to fabricated the new blades. This should help reduce the weight.  Hoping to start testing next weekend. 

willib:
Its good to see your still making these mechanisms  ,GoVertical

I was worried that i had talked you out of it  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version