Logged in users > User Diaries

VAWT new proto-type

<< < (3/104) > >>

None54:
To: Go vertical
I hesitate to post a picture right here since this you'r post, and also because I don't have a clue as to how to do it, I'll read up on the distructions and possibly send some to a new post.
You'r machine looks somewhat simular to mine and still different in manyways, but a Grand Lady she is...awsum, good work and keep the progress going, sooner or later one of us will make one that really performs like we dream it should...like Edison said...I have'nt failed 1000 times to make a light bulb...I mearly found 1000 ways on how not to make a light bulb.  Cheers

GoVertical:
Greetings, posted new video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRkMVc7Q1M

wind speed 3 to 5 MPH.

To post pic's just use the Additional Options...  Best regards

GoVertical:
Greetings, completed fabrication of new hub assembly. The new hub will have 6 Blades. 5 blades just looked a little odd;) cheers

GoVertical:

Completed hub and spoke up-grade. I am using the same fabrication techniques as earlier. I am having difficulty drilling the required holes perpendicular to each other on the cylinder if anyone know a good shop method that will allow me to drill perpendicular holes on a cylinder please let me know.   

TomW:

--- Quote from: GoVertical on August 09, 2010, 12:52:43 PM --- (Attachment Link)

Completed hub and spoke up-grade. I am using the same fabrication techniques as earlier. I am having difficulty drilling the required holes perpendicular to each other on the cylinder if anyone know a good shop method that will allow me to drill perpendicular holes on a cylinder please let me know.   

--- End quote ---

Do not mistake me for a builder. But...

When I need a square hole through a cylinder [crosswise] I lay it in the bottom of a _V_ of material then center it under the bit in the drill press. Seems very good. I keep a jig like this on hand just for this use.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version