Author Topic: Panel Price UK - Recommendation?  (Read 4891 times)

adaml

Panel Price UK - Recommendation?
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
Dear All,

I have been "offered" a Kyocera 80W brand new panel, branded with manufactures warranty, for £100, about £1.30/Watt.  This seems reasonable to me with my limited knowledge.  If I go for it, it will be added to my existing 80W panel that I paid nearly £200 for.

My existing panel seems to keep my 12V 500A/hr topped up quite nicely so am just looking to up anti a little, maybe something along Woof's lines?  We are pure electric in this house, in the sticks so power cuts are the norm.  Its nice to be able to put a few lights on and the TV when noone else can - and see the neighbours looking in with envy!

Have seen some references on this board to the make but was after some considered opinions regarding the longevity, performance and whether this price is within the right sort of price range.  As seems to be the case with all at the moment pennies are very tight so don't want to spend on a pup.

Thanks as always.

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Panel Price UK - Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:21:15 PM »
That is a pretty good deal, especially for you guys that use " £ ".

It is Not thin film, correct? 

I would get it.
G-

www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »
Better than "pretty good."  http://www.posharp.com/photovoltaic/solarpanel.aspx?pid=04214782-1c9d-4d29-bc59-d9623797d3d1
Those are the specs on the KC-80

http://www.google.com/search?q=pounds+to+dollars&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
The £ is worth $1.59 US so that's almost exactly $2 US a watt.

$159 US is what you would pay on sale with a coupon for the "45 watt" Harbor Freight setup.

I would jump all over an offer like that.

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »
You will have a nice little system with 80w + 80w charging a 500ah battery. I have about half that with 80w of panels and a 225ah battery. I use a modem & router about 15 hours a day and at night I use a couple of lights and a fan for about 6 hours. I seem to have plenty of power for all of that even on a string of cloudy days. I want to add a small portable LCD TV to this soon and I will eventually double this system with more panels and battery too. There will be a day that I add a 200 watt wind generator and a Pedgen.

Good luck with your system  ! !

Junkie

• Scraptopower.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:32:08 AM »
Seems like a pretty good deal to me. nap up em! :)