Author Topic: Utility Coop  (Read 1282 times)

zander1976

Utility Coop
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »
Hey Everybody,

Does anybody around here know anything about business plans. I am looking to create a business to help people with renewable energy. I love this stuff and its been a great learning experience and now I want help others get started. I am the research and ideas person but I am a terrible writer. I will be glad to share more details regarding the overall goal.

Thanks, Ben

Objective

Our objective is to help push renewable resources and to educate people. We plan to do this by removing the upfront costs associated with renewable energy, research and experiment with ways to improve technology, develop games to help educate people and help people find a path through the maze of information to what is really going to help and a practical way to achieve it.

Goal

The goal is to get the world back in balance. Is this an achievable goal? Absolutely, all it takes is an idea, a plan and the will to see it through. If every person in the world did just that then it could be done tomorrow. On a practical note, this is a huge project and lofty goals so we need to have our feet firmly on the ground.

Each of the objectives is not only possible but each of them is proven profitable markets. Supplying renewable power does have a large upfront cost but the demand for electricity is a steadily growing market and the cost is also steadily rising. As power companies upgrade to smart grids and prepare for increase demand like from electric cars as an example then we will see prices take large jumps to recoup that investment.

Facebook gaming and virtual currency for games such as Farmville went from an almost non-existent market to 700 million a year in two years. This market is still steadily growing and is still considered just the first generation of casual gaming. New generations will come.

Research and Development can be all over the map when it comes to profitability. Our goal is to not simple guess but to have a clear path that has a large potential before attempting the research. Lofty goals are interesting but without a practical plan and a chance for success then it's outside of our scope.

House inspections are costly but they are of great value to the home owner. As more people do misguided upgrades to their houses and/or miss out on grants then consultants with clear information on how and where to get grants will become invaluable to people.

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
Re: Utility Coop
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 09:10:43 PM »
Depending on where you are, before you get to excited you might want to check out local zoning ordinances many localities are making any sort of renewable energy installations as impossible to do as they possibly can, these ordinances are being written by lawyers not RE professionals, in most places it's getting way worse not better.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.