Author Topic: Some parts for free  (Read 5210 times)

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
Some parts for free
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »
I saved some parts from the projectors and took a small stepper motor and 24v muffin fan from a toner drum that was going in the trash at work. There is also a Lutron 1500 watt incadescent dimmer, that was working many years ago when it was taken out of service and the candelabra lights replaced with fluorescent tubes at the church I attend. I saved it because it has a 4 1/2" square aluminum heat sink.

The projectors each had one squirrel cage fan, a very small speaker and 3 muffin fans. The capacitors on the circuit boards are mostly 16v. That was a dissapointment to me. I wanted 50v+ caps for electronic repair. All the fans are 12v dc except the 24v one that came off the toner drum.

All these are free to a good home. TomW gets first dibs because he pm'ed me about the projector parts after I had already tossed the optics. They don't make these things serviceable anymore. Everything was soldered down and digital except for the external focus lens.

The 2 black wall adapters are 24vac 600ms with a recessed male plug on the front. I don't remember what they were from.

Fused

Re: Some parts for free
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
I could always use the 24v fan. Building a nicd battery charger next.

Fused

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 07:54:38 AM »
PM me your address Fused. I'll mail it to you, no charge.

Fused

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »
Glad to pay postage sir, just let me know.

Fused

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:46:59 AM »
Fused, I sent you the 24v fan and two identical 12v fans you can series together to run at 24v.

cdtomlinson

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
If it isn't too late, I would like a couple of the 12VDC fans for a project.  How do I get my shippiing address to you?  I can pay the postage through PayPal if you need.
Chris

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »
How do I get my shippiing address to you?

There is a round gray for me icon under each users name in a post. Click it to send a message privately to the user.

Easy as pie.Tom

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 06:54:45 PM »
I have plenty of fans left, all 12v dc. Email me tomorrow early and I can ship them out before the holiday break. Otherwise they will have to wait until next Monday.

You can PM me here or email me. My user name here at Yahoo.com Let me know how many you want.

Don't worry about the money. I only ship UPS ground or Priority Mail delivery confirmation inside the US. Everything else has gotten difficult and complicated.

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 09:42:56 AM »
Some fans went to cdthomlinson today. isaiah10 has asked for the stepper motor. If I get his address it should be going out Monday.

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »
Mods, can you close this thread. I have a few things left and some more stuff came in from work and it would be cleaner to start a new thread. Thanks to all.

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »
Mods, can you close this thread. I have a few things left and some more stuff came in from work and it would be cleaner to start a new thread. Thanks to all.

Did