Author Topic: Wireless communication with aMagnetek - Aurora - Power One inverter  (Read 3006 times)

2ndbillericay

We have a 3.6 Aurora Inverter with the wireless data card which transmits on the 868.25 KHz frequency and are looking at building a LED display to show the users of our Scout Hall how much power we are generating.

We need to receive the Data Transmission and decode it - has anyone tried this yet ? We are playing with an Arduino & Jeenode to drive the system once we can capture the wireless data.

Any suggestions or pointers to other people who may have done this already to save reinventing the wheel.

Many thanks

Richard Clark
Group Scout Leader

We have a 2.16 Kw PV system driving the Aurora Inverter and putting power back into the Grid.

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
Re: Wireless communication with aMagnetek - Aurora - Power One inverter
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »
You might want to PM Rob Beckers, he is quite and Aurora guru.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Rob Beckers

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:08:32 AM »
Hi Richard,

If you have a programmer handy (or maybe you're the programmer?); much of the RS485 protocol has been published by Power-One. Contact me at Rob@solacity.com and I'll be happy to send you a copy.

-RoB-

2ndbillericay

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »
hi Rob, i have just emailed you an outline of our problem and look foirward to hearing from you.

RIchard