Author Topic: What is the connected electricity load required for a 2 bedroom house with one A  (Read 6107 times)

Dennisbodden

I have applied for a 3kw electricity load. Need to know if this is enough to run refridgerator, microwave, music system, AC apart from other standard electrical fittings.
Please share.

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
Please do NOT post SPAMmy links in your profile.  Usually your account would be removed/blocked entirely.
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
You do not supply enough information to make sense such that an informative reply may be given.

Where are you and what does "applied for a 3Kw load" actually mean?
What size microwave?
 AC (presumably you mean refrigerated air conditioner) and again what size?
What is supplying this 3Kw, the grid Re???????

please tell us more

allan
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
You may befit from reading this post, in particular a reply from DanB half way down page two.  http://fieldlines.com/board/index.php/topic,144530.0.html

If you are proposing a Re system then read here....http://www.rpc.com.au/products/services/examples.html input your required load and all will be revealed.

allan
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:31:21 AM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

WindriderNM

• some days you get the bear some days the gets you
    • WindriderNM
There is a meter called a Kill-a-Watt that plugs into your electrical appliances  that will show watts, amps, volts, and kilowatt/hr. I think I bougth mine for around $20 It let you know how much power you are using. It only works on 120 V so it may not work on the A/C
~~~WindriderNM (Electron Recycler)~~~   
~~~Keep Those Electrons Flowing~~~

Clifford

What happened to the original poster?

There are a lot of different factors.
If you are "grid attached", you can build your system as big as your are comfortable with.  And, you only need to be concerned with average power usage.

If you are "off grid", then you need to be concerned with peak power usage (leveled out some by batteries).  However, if your power source is seasonal, it can be a problem, such as solar in the winter.

Another concern of "off grid" is how you are dealing with things like electric vs gas stoves.

Start with getting low power light bulbs.  make sure you turn off lights when you're not using them.  Shut off appliances when not in use.  And monitor your actual usage for a few months.

bob g

• 8.8kwatt idi diesel thermal conversion unit
    • microcogen.info
thats like asking how much will a dog eat?

how big a dog?
what breed of dog?
is he mature?
is he still growing?
is he a working dog?
is the environment very cold, very hot?

etc etc.

some folks could comfortably raise a dozen kids with no electricity, while others cannot support a single lifestyle
with less than a 200amp service to their house. i presume you are somewhere between the extremes, but exactly
where, we can't know for sure without much more info

bob g

research and development of a S195 changfa based trigenerator, modified
large frame automotive alternators for high output/high efficiency project X alternator for 24, 48 and higher voltages, and related cogen components.
www.microcogen.info and a SOMRAD member

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
What happened to the original poster?

I suspect he just joined to pimp that site.

By removing the link we thwarted his attempt.

Probably never hear from him again.

A common problem users seldom see for what it is.

Just FYI

Tom

SteveCH

Yeah, that original question was kinda silly, don't think it was serious at all.

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
I saw that EXACT same post on another board recently (cant recall which one) there he was immediately tossed, he's prolly running out of re boards to spam.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Madscientist267

• Uh oh. Now what have I done?
Just an FYI for the mods:

It can be irritating to read the thread (as a virgin) and then get lost because the entire 'story' isn't there... can't you leave some trace to the original post (with link) somewhere so those of us that are curious can check out WTF someone was talking about?

Isn't the first time I've thought this... just thought I'd mention it, even though I get the reasons for nuking spam...

Steve
The size of the project matters not.
How much magic smoke it contains does !

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Just an FYI for the mods:

It can be irritating to read the thread (as a virgin) and then get lost because the entire 'story' isn't there... can't you leave some trace to the original post (with link) somewhere so those of us that are curious can check out WTF someone was talking about?

Isn't the first time I've thought this... just thought I'd mention it, even though I get the reasons for nuking spam...

Steve

Leaving the link ain't gonna happen. Period.

It rewards the spammer.

We prefer to render the spam useless.

It is an odd bit of how the interweb thing works. Any hits improve the "status" of the linked site.

As a matter of policy we remove the link. If it had not gotten posts by users it would have disappeared entirely.  We don't like removing legit comments so we just clip out the offending link.

Tom

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
The removed links usually have nothing relevant anyway...
Often things like a link to the posters internet store.
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
The removed links usually have nothing relevant anyway...
Often things like a link to the posters internet store.
G-
OR worse
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
As I recall, it was in the "worse" category.

I'm going to lock this thread now, but it would be better deleted IMHO.  I'll let an adult decide.  SPAMmers just waste so much valuable brainpower for such selfish shallow ends.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
As I recall, it was in the "worse" category.

I'm going to lock this thread now, but it would be better deleted IMHO.  I'll let an adult decide.  SPAMmers just waste so much valuable brainpower for such selfish shallow ends.

Rgds

Damon

I refuse to grow up although I are "supposedly" an adult.

I see a locked icon but my super powers apparently allow me to bypass the lock and post this last bit. ;D ;D

Good call locking it!

Tom

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Looks like GMs have super powers too.
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller