Author Topic: 750kg 6 bolt hub  (Read 1316 times)

ruddycrazy

750kg 6 bolt hub
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:34:09 AM »
G'day Guy's,
                 I got a hub through work and asked for a 1,500kg rated 6 bolt hub, instead they sent up a 750kg rated one. Am I right in thinking this 750kg hub will be too small for my first dual axial genny. I'll be using 50x15 N52 round neo's in a 12/9 config. My mag plates are 360mm diameter and I reckon a 3.5-4 metre prop would fit the bill. I am on thinking of making my own hub and using back to back tapered bearings on the rear and a roller bearing on the front. As I have already drilled both mag plates to suit the 140mm PCD so it wouldn't hard to fabricate and machine up a new hub. So is that 750kg hub too small for the genny I'm making.????

Regards Bryan

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
Re: 750kg 6 bolt hub
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »
IMHO, that five bolt hub should be plenty good for a 13 ft machine.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

ruddycrazy

Re: 750kg 6 bolt hub
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:17:30 AM »
Today I had a look at the tapered bearing spec's and the front bearing which will take the radial load will handle 970ftlb and the rear bearing that takes the axial load will handle just over 2,000ftlb's. I am going to get Timken bearings as Russian front ones were supplied and hopefully it will handle the load I'll be putting on. The main reason I asked the question is from looking at other hubs guys have used the front bearing looked a heap bigger than the one on my hub.

Cheers Bryan