Author Topic: fixed blade propeller design help  (Read 2328 times)

machinemaker

fixed blade propeller design help
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:38:41 PM »
I am looking for information on blade design and sizing. I have a low head on the stream that flows through our property and think that a propeller style turbine would be a good fit. I have a machineshop and foundry that I run for building manufacturing machinery and this is a project that seems within the scope of what I do. I would also be interested in collaborating with others on projects to both gain experience and to share my shop's capabilities. I am not interested in manufacturing these, but I would like to experiment with others to find solutions. you might say I am kind of a junkie when it comes to building things. Thanks for the advice, and I look forward to experimenting with this.
kent

hydrosun

Re: fixed blade propeller design help
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
You might also ask the same question at microhydro.com Be aware that the site is dominated by professional hydro people that ask detailed questions about your plans and are not always geared toward the experimenter. But they do have experts with the knowledge you are asking about. The other source of info is looking at manufactures web sites for similar equipment. Check out microhydropower.com for ESD low head hydro. And powerpal.com  I know that waterwheel on this site is experimenting along the same line as you, I'm surprised he hasn't commented on your post yet.
chris