Author Topic: Arco Needle In A Solar Haystack....  (Read 2645 times)

doubledipsoon

Arco Needle In A Solar Haystack....
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »
  it's been a couple years to almost complete my flashback to the late seventies. After an initial editorial I put in Fieldlines about a year ago, and a long-running ad in Craigslist, it's been quite a challenge trying to score a collection of unmolested Arco panels. The infamous 16-2000/M-51 photovoltaics were mostly "bronzed-out" by the sun because of an engineering mess-up back in the early days of solar. I've got a dozen with the original white/grey background, and would sure like a add more. Why? The same reason I like Honda Trail 90s and Teac 3340s. Hey, all you solar dinosaurs, any pretty Arcos in your closets? Joe

wild01

Re: Arco Needle In A Solar Haystack....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »
I have close to 80 of them on my array, will be upgrading soon. they are "mud" and "bronze" grade no frame no j-box let me know how much you aare willing to pay and how many you need and I'll see what I can do.

wild01

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »
Wait a minute, mine are the "quadlam" 7 volt square cell panels, I don't think that's what you're asking for

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »
I think I have 7 of 'em squirreled away in a u-haul mirror shipping box.  (To be used as two 3-in-series for nominal 12V plus a spare in case of breakage.)  Never got around to building a frame for 'em and setting 'em up.  But intend to keep 'em.  (Maybe build a fan-folding arrangement to set up at campgrounds to keep the trailer batteries charged.)

These are the foot-by-four-foot, three-strings-in-parallel 4-ish volt units.  No frames or junction boxes.  (WHY did the salvage guys rip those off?)

Have the brown discoloration as a square in the middle of each cell, which means they origionally had the concentrators on 'em.