Author Topic: Making/using WVO  (Read 1902 times)

TheEquineFencer

Making/using WVO
« on: August 02, 2011, 06:11:06 AM »
I have a 115 HP Diesel Isuzu engine coming to me Thursday. I'd like to use SVO/WVO to run it. My plan is to "aquire" a generator end for it. I'd like to start it on Diesel and switch it to SVO/WVO aafter it is warmed up and then switch back to diesel before shut down. My question relates to storeage and filtering the oil. What is the best "flavor" of oil to look for? What is the best recomminded method to filetr and store the oil? I have a woodfired water heater I use for heating my shop I can use to heat the oil and also have a WMO burner I can really heat something with to work with. I'm open to ideas. I've alread run down the valves to switch from the diesel to theSVO/WVO. The ones I found will switch the supply and return lines at the same time.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Making/using WVO
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
Google can be your friend  ;D
The best you can do is to google this forum or google the world, then read.
There has been a lot of discussion here and over on infopop about just these subjects.
Best of luck
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

TheEquineFencer

Re: Making/using WVO
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
I did google first, then I figured I'd get the cumlitive version from the replys and see how others in here did it. There may be some I missed in my Google search. Thanks for the input though, any help is truly appreciated.
Floyd.