Author Topic: New turbine on SA market, does it look familiar?  (Read 1056 times)

Tanqua

New turbine on SA market, does it look familiar?
« on: August 19, 2011, 03:54:32 AM »
There is a company importing these turbines, putting them on the market at very attractive prices. Even the battery and solarpanel prices are very good. Since we are a bit behind the rest of the world I thought that someone out there might recognise these and provide some usefull info, even if it is just to say STAY AWAY.

I had a look at the products in the original packaging and must say I was quite impressed with it coming from the east. All were nice and tite, even colour printed glossy manuals, not the usual unreadable photocopied leaflets. The 12v200ah batteries weighs a hefty 69kg. Even the finishing one could say is up to some standard.

The turbine is 24v400w, no furling tail but the tail has twist at an angle in it, which they say is the furling mechanism. Start up at 2m/s, rated 10m/s and security windspeed at 35m/s. Diameter 1.44m.

I include pics of the controllers, inverters and mounting kit for the two piece towers. Hope someone can shed some light on these.

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: New turbine on SA market, does it look familiar?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:43:15 AM »

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
Re: New turbine on SA market, does it look familiar?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »
Looks like a toy.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.