Remote Living > Housing

Jack Hammer Compactor

<< < (3/3)

Frank S:

--- Quote from: petect on January 28, 2013, 01:51:17 PM ---Not trying to hijack BUT could something like this be used to drive steel fence posts?
Pete

--- End quote ---

Petect hammers of every kind have been used to drive fence posts from the little 25 lb rivet busters to the the 10,000 lb Hydraulic hammers mounted on backhoes. In the North Sea they are using the world's largest hammer to drive the huge windmill towers into the bottom of the ocean.
 So the answer to your question YES an adapter can be made to drive fence posts 

petect:
Thanks Frank
I thought so, but it's nice to get confirmation before I reach for the wallet.
Pete

Frank S:

--- Quote from: petect on January 28, 2013, 02:24:15 PM ---Thanks Frank
I thought so, but it's nice to get confirmation before I reach for the wallet.
Pete

--- End quote ---
If you are thinking about driving "T" posts in the ground depending on if you have sand stone or rocky ground the 73 LB electric works pretty good but kind of heavy and awkward to  handle up on a ladder working from the bead of a flat bed  truck or a pickup works pretty good but a pair of gin poles and a winch is safer if you have loam or just dirt a smaller unit may do the job for you 
 If you need to drive pipe posts then you will want to go to a larger unit or build a drop hammer

birdhouse:
a 13A or 15A 120v bosch hammer drill does a surprisingly outstanding job at driving t-posts.  much lighter and easier.  if you're tall, you don't even need a ladder. 

just weld up a custom holder from an old broken bit with the shank still in good shape!

adam

petect:
Thanks guys!
I hope Rattlesman got the info he was looking for. Sorry if I cut in.
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version