Author Topic: Jacobs 32 volt nose cone for sale  (Read 2476 times)

doubledipsoon

Jacobs 32 volt nose cone for sale
« on: December 16, 2011, 07:51:01 PM »
I've got a nice nose cone to an old "jake" Jacobs 32 volt wind generator. $50 Anyway, give me a call at 831-726-1139 between 8-9 am or 6-8 pm PST. Or e-mail me at doubledipsoon@yahoo.com. Joe. I can send pictures if you're interested. (It unit used to power the Synergia Ranch back in the 80's, and was on the front cover of Home Power for Dec. '89)

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Jacobs 32 volt nose cone for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 12:53:46 AM »
It's not that I can't figure out, from your phone area code, roughly where you might live, but for the sake of completeness, why not just volunteer the information?  Then people don't have to guess.
You picked a bad time to miss that info, since it was just a week ago that an esteemed Australian member of this forum pointed out how annoying this is.
I don't need your street and apartment number to figure out if I have to drive 1 hour or 32 hours to get there.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

doubledipsoon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 01:18:51 AM »
I apologize for any disruption of your site. I was e-mailed about some info that I didn't include. I'm not sure SPECIFICALLY what the moderator wanted me to disclose, but I'm sure this added info will make everyone real happy- Joe Biondo, 1560 Cannon Road, Aromas, California. 831-726-1139.....I'm about 75 miles south of San Francisco.....

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 08:02:45 AM »
City and state or just postal zip within the US fine for most ads to start. Gives folk an idea how far for shipping / pickup, etcetera.

It is not wise to give up too much detailed info online.

Predators have ways of using it against honest folk.

It is not paranoia if they are out to get you.  :o

Just sayin.

Tom

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »
Hi Joe,
I might have had the sarcasm meter turned up a bit too high for you to see the point, sorry.

If I posted an ad for something, and you really really want it, but I didn't give my address, then wouldn't I be forcing you to ask where I live, before you could decide if you could get it?
What if I live on an island 700 kilometers east of Christchurch New Zealand?  That would put a little extra cost in your plan to purchase it, and you'd be pretty annoyed that I didn't mention it.
But if my ad said "I live near Calgary" then it would be obvious to you that you'd have to ship it across the border to SF, a very useful piece of information for someone considering a purchase!
So it is polite for me to anticipate that my buyers would want to know this, and offer it up front.  I didn't need to give you driving directions or my PO Box for you to know what I meant.

In the case of the nose cone you're selling, potential buyers might also want to know how big it is, if you're going to box it up for shipping, or if you are only interested in making a local sale for pickup.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca