Author Topic: Wheels on My PedGen  (Read 2100 times)

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
Wheels on My PedGen
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:01:47 AM »
Finally got some wheels on my PedGen....now I can roll it from room to room
or outside....
 I simply pick up the back end and roll it around like a cart.

Was thinking about it for a few months, and finally a good idea came to me.
Norm.

dinges

Re: Wheels on My PedGen
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:14:38 AM »
Wheels on a stationary bicycle trainer....  ;D

Clever thinking though. That's usually my mode of operation too... pondering a problem for months, then get a flash of insight, and then the executing of the idea is just a formality anymore.

(I recall back in primary school at age 8 or so I was staring out the window. Teacher asked me what I was doing. My short factual answer: 'I'm thinking'. She bought that excuse!)

How's the wear on that bicycle tyre? Asking, because I still intend to build a trainer stand for the rear wheel of my 'bent, with the rear wheel driving a small (250W) motorconversion. I figure it should help me keep me in summer-condition during winter, while at the same time producing a bit of electricity too.

But I understand tyres wear pretty fast when used on stationary trainers (much faster than when riding on the road), so curious about your experience in that respect.
“Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.” (W. von Braun)

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
But I understand tyres wear pretty fast when used on stationary trainers (much faster than when riding on the road), so curious about your experience in that respect.

The tyres wear 'different' on a trainer.
We would put a worn-out decent racing front tyre on the rear rim for the trainer's (roller or fixed trainer) use in winter.
A tyre I would NOT trust to get me 1000 meters to get a pack of smokes would last on a trainer all winter (6000km?) with no issues.

I don't ride them.  I just maintain them, while smoking.
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

TimS

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
I just fell off my trainer, I was laughing so hard  ;)

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:47:34 AM »
Ok so does it slip with cutin torque
 Can you stand on the Crank with the rollers
 I had the lunch out for a long time until I figured out the frequency over lays . I jam it some times and surf others . You can break it up in a Faraday Enclosure also get an old receiver (Stereo entertainment )  set up with an open ended antenna on the mic input or line in if the impedance is right . the mic input is about right  ( just some wire at first and then adapt it to be in the range of 20 HZ to 6K . On the output setup a Transmit antenna  I helps to have a speaker in the circuit but hang a coil on the positive Speaker connection  6 to12 turns on a 5/16 round stock and place a long antenna wire on that . Set the receiver to record so the low frequency that's getting to you is being transmitted out and at slightly different time frame . This will hamper the tracking utility and the AI mainframe interaction  . There are low frequency receivers Freeware on line . The mastering has changed over the years I to remember loosing a lot of time and distortion as I tried to focus . The low frequency both ELF and VLF is everywhere now and  is a problem when I work out or focus ( some freaks will push it until we find all the gear )  . A Van der graff generator is also work able and can unlock  some low frequency mastering . Hang in there I don't Know how this will be received as we come forward with the info just disregard all this it your not ready to face these P)(*&k s . Isolation is the main tactic so keep up with friends and family.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:03:39 AM by tecker »