Author Topic: Light Weight Wind Turbine Project - as I build it.  (Read 240533 times)

Steadfast

Re: Light Weight Wind Turbine Project - as I build it.
« Reply #924 on: July 07, 2012, 06:08:42 AM »
Wow..lots of greek being spoken....
I hate being ignorant....

I received the robot motors yeasterday evening.
but I could not document the experience
as the lovly wife was cracking the post storm yard work whip on me.

She has me back after 4 months of being a turbine widow
 and the "honey-do" list is long and vast...

I did however sqeeze some time in to hook up better connections to my doc wattson.
and I have some questions about that.
which I will ask on the HBird thread.
By Hook or by Crook - Prayer, Persistence and Tenacity will win the day!

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #925 on: July 08, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »
Since nobody has left a link to the other thread, im going to leave it here.-
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146772.msg1009299.html#msg1009299

There is the "Light Weight Wind Turbine Project - as I build it.' Thread and the "Light Wind Heavy Weight Turbine Project - as I build it." Thread

Each thread is here-
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146527.0.html
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146772.0.html

JW
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:43:06 PM by JW »

lakesidepark

• locked in the suburbs
« Reply #926 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:33 PM »
Lakeside
Any chance we can get more info on separating the windings to go Star or IRP? I noticed a connection or two when I had my Fanuc motor open (wired Delta) and was wondering if separating the windings was possible, it would require cutting some lacing and soldering on some leads. Cutting the lacing would be easy, not sure if I could re-secure the lacing though, soldering new leads would be easy out on a bench, trying to work inside the motor seems tricky and I'm afraid I'd dribble hot solder everywhere and screw it up :-[

Kristi

All the yaskawas are wired star, three coil leads from one phase went to each pin of the Amphenol. I found a junction on top of the rear of the stator that had the 9 leads for the other ends of the coils.

Did you check if the wire connections to the pin had a single conductor, or multiple coil wires with a sleeve? Being wired delta, assuming parallel coils, it would be easiest to just run the wires to the pins. Each pin (three coils per phase) would have 6 wires, example on the U pin, one + set for U-V coils and one - set for W-U coils. And the same for the V and W pin.

I think Fanuc supported different voltages, that would be another good reason to run all the wires out to the connector.
If not, then you should have three junctions on top of the stator with the single wire to the connector pin.

I don't know if you should solder, or use a crimp pin to join the wires after getting the coating off the end. That's a lot of fun, I ended up sanding little itty bitty wire ends in my fingers to get it off. I soldered single-conductor extension wires with teflon coating on one set, the opposite set was already long enough, just added teflon sleeves to it. Then drilled holes in the plate separating the stator from the encoder end, and moved all the connections into the encoder box. No brakes to mess with on these yaskawas, if you can get servos off a process or feeding machine, then you can avoid the brakes that are on the robot servos.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:01:54 PM by lakesidepark »