Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

Lots Of Nothing

<< < (2/15) > >>

fabricator:
For non builders it seems like a lot of guys have pretty good luck with the right DC servo motor, I think there should be a sticky telling people to totally stay away from anything that looks like an automotive alternator.

rain1224:
Good luck for you to solve the problem.

ChrisOlson:

--- Quote from: Yianie123. on April 01, 2012, 09:30:51 PM ---Here are some of the companies (google):missourri wind and solar, hydrogen appliances wind turbines, survival unlimited.

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm......  Those are the guys that make YouTube videos showing how impressive it is that their blades go around ("really crank" I believe is what they call it).

To get the power you're looking for at that voltage you're going to need a bigger rotor with real blades on it.  And the little bearings and shaft in those modified Delco 10SI's won't handle a real turbine rotor.  If you would provide more specifics on why you want to generate your power at 35 mph wind speed instead of more normal wind speeds perhaps I'd better understand your needs.
--
Chris

fabricator:
Or anything with more than three blades, especially if they look really funky, nine blades? You gotta be kidding me, that thing would be beating the air to a froth.

Isaiah:
we use ac servo motors here and convert (rectify) it to 3 phase dc.
 do the math on the volts amps and rpms and a servo is hard to beat. there is a lot of problems with the gm alternators .some use the original rectifier  which is not efficient enough and has corrosion problems. you have a steel bolt running through a aluminium   heat sink connected to a copper wire, so then you get the phiszo electric corrosion
 some sell a slip ring that uses the gm  brushes and the wire in them is not heavy enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version