Author Topic: Three Phase Electronic Relay  (Read 2864 times)

windy

Three Phase Electronic Relay
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »
I am looking at buying this electronic relay to be used on my Classic 150, controlled by AUX1. It is the Crydom D53TP50D. Price is around $180 without a heat sink.

I also seen this electronic relay. Price is $15 with a heat sink.

They are both zero cross relays.

My question is, could I buy three of these relays and tie the three inputs in parallel to the Classic 150? They only draw 25ma each. Could I do such a thing, or would they fight with each other?
The schematic diagram of the three phase relay looks like they do the same thing.
I would tie each phase of the generator to one side of each relay and the other side of each relay to my resistor dump load.
Just thought I could save a little money. Any comments would be welcomed.

windy
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:20:45 PM by windy »
I don't claim to be an electrical engineer. I just know enough to keep from getting electrocuted.

OperaHouse

Re: Three Phase Electronic Relay
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:46:13 AM »
It is perfectly fine to use three individual units.  The control inputs can be placed in series to lower drive currents.  CRYDOM is a lot better quality than those China inports.  I'd add at least 30% extra current.  Here are three 75A CRYDOMS for less than $30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130828932928

windy

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »
Opera House,
 Thanks for the link. I'll have to place a bid on these.
windy
I don't claim to be an electrical engineer. I just know enough to keep from getting electrocuted.

dbcollen

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »
it will not work for your purpose, it needs ac on the trigger, the classic aux puts out 12vdc

boB

• boB
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »
Here's a little secret....

http://www.teledynerelays.com/industrial/e3p.asp

So far, the best 3 phase SSR I have seen and used.

Synchronous turn on (and turn off of course)

boB

dgd

• Never do today what can be done tomorrow
    • Lory Link
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
I am looking at buying this electronic relay to be used on my Classic 150, controlled by AUX1. It is the Crydom D53TP50D. Price is around $180 without a heat sink.
$180 is too expensive, keep looking on Ebay as they appear for $40 to $90, I bought two, one for $66 and one for $72
My question is, could I buy three of these relays and tie the three inputs in parallel to the Classic 150? They only draw 25ma each. Could I do such a thing, or would they fight with each other?
The schematic diagram of the three phase relay looks like they do the same thing.
I would tie each phase of the generator to one side of each relay and the other side of each relay to my resistor dump load.
Just thought I could save a little money. Any comments would be welcomed.

You actually only need two of these relays if you are using the Classic to either short the three inputs or short them via three load resistors. (someone pointed this out in another thread)

dgd
Off grid since 4/2000
Midnite C150,C250,Clipper, 2.8Kw PV, 2Kw turbine,1025Ah24v FLA (1999), SW3024E (1997), 3q16 48v300Ah LiFeYPO4 6Kw OzInverter, Arduino DUE web monitor.