Author Topic: Stator Mould  (Read 1778 times)

adaml

Stator Mould
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
Dear all,
I have not posted for sometime now due to a number of reasons, primarily being too busy to have time to "play".  Also being a tinkerer with motor conversions I was getting a bit lost in all the big mills that seemed to be being built and less of the hobby type stuff.
However, I have a bit of time at the moment and was looking at using some of the bits and bobs I have salvaged over the years, namely copper, to bodge something together. 
I am thinking very loosely along the 1200mm dia Piggott design, as I have all the components lying about - the bit I can not visualise is the stator mould, specifically the island section and mounting studs.  Does anyone have any pictures of this step they would be happy to share, or a simple explanation for it?
Please note I am only playing at this design, not following the plans to a tee and am not trying to replicate the published results but if I could get an idea of this part of the process a little more clearly that would help!  This is more an exercise in trying to learn and at the same time use up bits that are clogging my shed.  A recycling/sustainable approach for want of a better expression.....
Thanks.

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
Re: Stator Mould
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »
in the user diaries there is a guy who is building a small machine such as you are describing he has some good details as well
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,147784.0.html
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin