Remote Living > Water

My DIY well drilling rig. 60' deep and counting!

<< < (2/3) > >>

madlabs:
DB, I tried calling deep rock, no answer. I couldn't find the kit you spoke of. I'll get one for sure, sounds great! Don't think a check valve will help. The mud gets sucked in through the shaft at the bottom, there is no seal or anything there. It doesn't come in through the air exhaust port.

Mid, cool design! I like the electric motor instead of gas. Good to know I'm not the only lunatic out there! Got any pics of your bit?

Jonathan

midwoud1:
Hi . I have a drawing of it. The bit  is downhole on the drillstem.
  - Frans -

Mary B:
Interesting... I have been thinking of just getting a drive point and trying to reach the groundwater here at around 40 feet. About 4 feet good black dirt, then a cap of clay a couple feet thick then nothing but gravel for another 50 feet according to a geology report I found for the town. After 50 feet another clay layer so there is a water cap keeping water at that depth. Get through that and it is 150+ feet of gravel then bedrock

madlabs:
Hit medium gravel layer that was very slow to work through. Changing the bit so the angle of the blade may help lift the racks. I think the problem was that the gravel wasn't getting close enough to the suction hose to get pulled up. Also added a water jet near the tip of the drill head. Hopefully take another shot tomorrow.

Jonathan

madlabs:
Well, I fought the earth and the earth won! ;-0

Hit a layer of rock that we couldn't get through at 70'. Different bits no help, I think our motor just ain't got enough power. The bits weren't getting dulled. A bigger compressor might help. Anyway, we called it, stuffed the pipe and I'm getting 2 gpm. Not too bad for a DIY drill rig.

I'm already dreaming of a new and improved version...

Jonathan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version