Logged in users > User Diaries

Pocket Rocket Stove Project

<< < (3/3)

greenenergyexperimenter:
For a small heat exchanger, you could try a junkyard heater core. Get a whole blower assembly, and you could even have 12v forced air, probably enough to take the chill off a small shed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress on this project.

joestue:

--- Quote from: tanner0441 on October 28, 2014, 12:11:27 PM ---I am 71 now and if there is a sudden change in the weather from dry to damp I still get a blocked nose and sneezing and I was only in the job for just over 12 months.
Brian

--- End quote ---

that is interesting, that is my experience too.. But I've not read that anywhere as a symptom of zinc fever.
I had one bad case of zinc poisoning and it only affected me for a couple days.
A few years later i had one bad case of chlorine gas poisoning (i was attemtping to make a downs cell for producing sodium and calcium from their chloride salts), but it was only enough chlorine that i smelled chlorine for a day or two. nothing to actually damage my lungs.
Between those experiences and the lead exposure from going through several pounds of solder over the years and some exposure to mercury but probably not enough to notice..
I think i've lost at least half of my sense of taste and smell, and i'm only 26.

gww:
I am not positive, but my old man got galvinize poisining and I believe it took out his apindix,  I think these insidents were the same time but my memory may be going also.  They did tell him on the peritinitis of the apendix that if he would have waited too many more hours he wouldn't have suvived.  He is now very sensitive to gavinize fumes. 

Off subject but when I moved to my house I found a little bottle of mercury in my attic, It was being sold as a sexual imputance medicine.

gww

dnix71:
Don't weld galvanized. I've been sick from doing that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever
Feels like you have the flu, shakes and fever.

tecker:
I was concerned that the stove I had built was going to burn out .I bought a boxwood stove and am adapting it The draft up  cools 20 to 50 degrees and then back into the fire chamber will keep it burning clean ( smokeless )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version