Notices > Polls

How many kWh per day does your home use when you are away traveling?

<< < (3/8) > >>

jlsoaz:

--- Quote from: Mary B on June 05, 2016, 02:20:42 PM ---My freezer to fridge conversion uses 450 watt hours per day!

--- End quote ---

I don't know how big it is, but yes, that seems exceptionally low for a fridge.

DamonHD:
Thanks to improving energy standards you can buy an "A+++" fridge/freezer 'off the (rather large) shelf' that is in that sort of territory: here is one I picked at random from a UK retailer:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3656293.htm

Nominally ~470Wh/d.

Rgds

Damon

Mary B:
13cu foot chest freezer with an outboard temperature controller. Super efficient because your cold stays put when the door is opened.

--- Quote from: jlsoaz on June 05, 2016, 11:22:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mary B on June 05, 2016, 02:20:42 PM ---My freezer to fridge conversion uses 450 watt hours per day!

--- End quote ---

I don't know how big it is, but yes, that seems exceptionally low for a fridge.

--- End quote ---

clockmanFRA:
Hi jlsoaz,

Your question...... I don't think I can give an honest answer....

Mrs says that I should get out more....

::)

jlsoaz:
Yes, you're right.  That particular example is physically not that big if I'm translating the net Liters correctly (206+98 L = 304 L = 10.73 cu ft), but still, there does seem to have been notable progress in fridge/freezer efficiencies.  I paid a very high amount for my 12 cubic foot Sunfrost back about 12 years ago.  I think it was advertised as using about 0.6 kWh per day and it seems to have held up (as far as I know) which is pretty darn good.  So, I'm glad I bought it and saved so much energy the last 12 years, but if I were going to buy now, it would be interesting to be able to spend much less and get great efficiency.

--- Quote from: DamonHD on June 06, 2016, 02:49:18 AM ---Thanks to improving energy standards you can buy an "A+++" fridge/freezer 'off the (rather large) shelf' that is in that sort of territory: here is one I picked at random from a UK retailer:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3656293.htm

Nominally ~470Wh/d.

Rgds

Damon

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version