Remote Living > Transportation

Still death-traps on the road

<< < (3/7) > >>

george65:

--- Quote from: dnix71 on March 05, 2017, 04:19:25 PM ---
The gas mileage matters. I do 35 miles a day in stop and go city traffic just to get to and from work. I had a Ford van before the move and I would be in financial trouble if I still had the van.

--- End quote ---

Americans are so curious with Fuel Prices.
They pay less than half what we and a lot of the rest of the world pays and when their fuel price gets anywhere near what others pay all the time, they literally want to invade other Countries ( always arab countries) and take the oil to keep the price cheap.
Then there is the thing about dependence on Middle east oil where they ignore the fact that they get considerably more oil from Canada than all their other oil sources combined.  ::)

Given the low cost of US fuel, the proclivity and obsession with " Gas" mileage only adds to the irony as does the frequent suggestion that people living in the suburbs " Need" that truck or SUV because they can't fit in anything smaller as I have heard so many times before. 
Funny, I have met a few Americans and none of them were 7ft tall nor could not fit in cars the rest of the world does fine with.

Warpspeed:
Oh God you are right George.
Anyone that drives less than an 800 Hp three ton SUV and carries a gun is not a real man.

Any threat to gasoline prices demands that some crummy little third world country be nuked.
That is why there are eleven nuclear armed carrier battle groups, to enforce the paper US dollar on the rest of the world.

There is about to be a very profound shock in the US.

clockmanFRA:
Normandy, France.

Spotted this in our local town car park, this Saturday.

Its a Fiberglass Micro car, single cylinder diesel under 500cc. max speed at 25mph. My boys call these machines Cement Mixers!

Mostly driven by folk who have lost their normal driving licence, majority because of drink, but the Government here state that the Citizen must have transport to get to work.

OperaHouse:
Looks like you can still hit things at 25mph.  Where is the handicap sticker!

george65:

--- Quote from: clockmanFRA on March 06, 2017, 02:04:59 AM ---
Mostly driven by folk who have lost their normal driving licence, majority because of drink,

--- End quote ---

Does not appear as If they have learnt their lesson going by the appearance of that particular Vehicle.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version