Microcontrollers > Data Logging

Arduino for beginners

<< < (6/8) > >>

ontfarmer:
I am very thank full for you guys taking the time and effort  sharing your knowledge on here  always learning from the postings.   With out it I would not of been able to have success my projects.

OperaHouse:
It is what it is.

This was a big experiment to introduce people to Arduino and the capabilities.

It was a gigantic failure. I am lucky that I don't have a dozen people saying I spent $3 and you owe me to get this to work.

I want to make a youtube video but can't figure out how to do it.  Translated, that means it didn't fall out of the sky and kick me in the ass.  I did buy a $2 digital video camera at a garage sale and I did make an 11 minute video just off the cuff to see what kind of production quality I would get.  It was surprisingly good compared to some things I've seen on youtube.  I haven't revisited creating a better video because I just don't care that much.  A friend says his 12 year old is really good at creating these videos with dazzling effects.  Think I'll let him show me how to do it.  I'll get some time to spend with him, make him feel important, and get a good video. Win win for everyone.  Chances are I could do it by myself if I really cared.  There are a lot of things I am not good at and I just accept that.

I've tried to make electronics seem not so scary.  I've intentionally shown components cut out of circuit boards and hot melt glued to a wood board.  I hoped that anyone looking would say, I can make something as good as that. Sure it got a lot of snickers.  Screw the ground plane people.  There are no gremlins in the closet.  I tried teaching and it is out of my system.  The stuff I build is frankly out of peoples comprehension.  While 15KW inverters are the big interest, I'm running almost 3KW into a car battery and running everything real time.

And no, you have never mentioned any specific problem you are having in making something work. I think the posts I've produced are pretty solid, but that series has ended.

DamonHD:

--- Quote from: OperaHouse on September 29, 2017, 11:59:30 AM ---Screw the ground plane people.

--- End quote ---

I need to share that with my Chief Engineer!  B^>

Rgds

Damon

Bruce S:

--- Quote from: OperaHouse on September 29, 2017, 11:59:30 AM ---This was a big experiment to introduce people to Arduino and the capabilities.

It was a gigantic failure.

--- End quote ---

I'm hoping this means you will NOT stop introducing us to your your Code projects.

Your Code projects IMO have not fallen on blind ears.
They are infact inspirational and allow insight into different ways of coding.

I'd also be willing to bet there's a slew of people who see these and not post anything , but just go and do.

I've been told on more than one occasion I need to stop trying to explain 3 different projects all in the same breath.

Could be I'm trying to make this too hard. I can write code that allows direct private secure wireless printing ; (in DOS)  so I should be able to handle this  :o

I started this post with the hope of continuing the learning , but with a even more basic learning.

DamonHD:
Something like Arduino that is cheap and yet backed by good hardware and excellent compilers, is something that I could only dream of when I started!

There is no problem trying something out, screwing up, fixing it, and tinkering until it works.  Computers are wonderful because they don't laugh at you out of meanness.

OperaHouse: please keep posting.  People landing on your posts via their favourite search engine without ever even joining FL are getting the benefit too.

Rgds

Damon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version