Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

Tip speed ratio of GOE 222 blades

<< < (2/4) > >>

XeonPony:
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,149330.0.html

Seems he was up on what to get so benefited from his research but no matter what I'll be ahead Vs the Air X that I had, it would only make usable power at about the same point my roof comes off

next thing I need to collect a few gear boxes to make an inline axial spur gear drive.

Idea was to let it run at its native voltage then use  Auto-transformers to knock it down to what ever ideal would be to a mppt controller or just lock it in to the battery voltage then use pwm on the high tension side to good old NiChrom dump load. that way the dump load is direct to the unit so leas things to go wrong!

DaveP68:
That is a 36 pole copper stator with the a black rotor cap which is the best stator that F&P ever made. The other 4 versions have various disadvantages compared to this one. They are factory decogged so are well suited to wind turbines.

I've done hundreds hours of testing with these stators and compiled comprehensive data tables of their performance into different loads from 60 through to 2000 RPM range.

An example of the tables I've made of the power output potential vs RPM.

This is a stator rewired as a 6x 2p Delta configuration.

This a stator wired in Delta without any other modification.

Here is a stator being run into a test load with a 1030 W output at 912 RPM.

Got lots more data on these F&P stators, so just ask and chances are I'll be able to give an answer.

stofanel:

--- Quote from: DaveP68 on October 27, 2017, 03:01:31 AM ---Have a set of GOE 222 blades that I purchase recently and plan to use them on a new wind turbine build.

Can anyone on here let me know what the expected TSR is for 3x GOE 222 blades?

As I'm new here can't post any photos of them as yet.

--- End quote ---

Optimum TSR really depends on the combination of airfoil profile, twist and chord distributions. Well designed blades usually peak at about 7 or 8 TSR.

If you have twist and chord data I can crunch the numbers for you.

XeonPony:
the goe 222 has no twist it is a straight blade profile the whole way through, makes them very easy to make.

DaveP68:
This video explains TSR in a different way, when related to the operation of Aircraft high bypass turbo fan jet engines.

This Genius Invention Could Transform Jet Engines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aPIEsnKb6o

Thought this may be of interest to some on here, even though not directly related to the main topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version